We’ve produced the web site for Paradigm Projects, Ltd. using WordPress and the Canvas Theme developed by the designers over at WooThemes as a development framework. We do however have some more changes planned that are still to come so check back in.
The following WordPress Plugins are in use, and are just some of the Plugins we often use and recommended for our Paradigm-360 web design clients.
- Akismet – checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- All in One SEO Pack – out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog.
- Contact Form 7 – another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator – Generates a fully customizable sitemap
- Google XML Sitemaps – generates a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO>
- One Click Close Comments – conveniently close or open comments for a post or page with one click.
- Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu – All admin links available in a neat horizontal drop down menu.
- Really Simple CAPTCHA – a CAPTCHA module originally created for my Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Sociable – automatically adds links on posts to social bookmarking sites.
- UTF8 Sanitize – handles broken characters that might appear on blog posts, if their content is converted from/to UTF8 and ISO-8859-1.
In addition to the recommendations above we also use the following plugins on this sites WordPress implementation:
- Category Order—The Category Order plugin allows you to easily reorder your categories the way you want via drag and drop.
- FireStats — Statistics plugin for WordPress.
- Lightbox 2 — Used to overlay images on the current page. Lightbox JS v2.2 by Lokesh Dhakar.
- My Page Order — My Page Order allows you to set the order of pages through a drag and drop interface. The default method of setting the order page by page is extremely clumsy, especially with a large number of pages.
- No Self Pings — Keeps WordPress from sending pings to your own site.
- Page Menu Editor — Allows you to customise the title attribute and menu label of each page link in wp_list_pages.
- Theme Tester — Allow an admin to test new themes without showing your blog visitors
- WordPress.com Stats — Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.